Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Classroom


So I came to school today. I was thinking "whoa!" Looks like a crazy mess. They just finished cleaning my floors. The nice thing was that I can now start arranging my room and put things up a little at a time. I know that it is summer but I mean really, I don't want to be the panicked crazy woman the week before school starts. Especially after the fact that I was hired 3 days before school last year and it was a race to get things done. Seriously, I didn't get things done until school was at the end. So this year I am going to be totally prepared. I am following this bird theme that I found on www.schoolgirlstyle.com . It is SO cute. I found a bunch of my color schemes at the dollar store so it must be meant to be!


The beginning.....


My VOICES menu for Language Arts. Here is a PDF that shows what will be under each heading. I changed it so that it doesn't have FL standards on it.


Just like in CAFE (which I am switching to CRAFT- Comprehension, Repsonse to Text, Accuracy, Fluency, and Text Structure) you teach a minilesson on each one. I will also use Awakening Brillance by Lisa Morris as a supplementary resource for teaching my minilessons. I liked how she did short minilessons with the Writer's Notebook on important writing skills. So I will begin using this format, along with her teaching method, and some of my own stuff and projects to start my writing off this year. Last year I really just flew by the seat of my pants. :-)

Also, I will post on the "A'tive Family". They are very interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment